Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I am celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary half a day before my husband. I have been waiting for hours to finally make the phone call from Jerusalem to tell him I love him and happy anniversary. Although I am thousands of miles away, I am with him in the Eucharist...the Eucharist of which I received on my knees at the foot of the cross today.

We celebrated Mass at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre at the 11th Station, about 50 feet from where Christ died. How is it that this is happening to me? The Holy Sacrafice of the Mass...today was as close as I am going to get until I get to Heaven. Amazing that I am here. And when it was all over, Father came to me and told me he offered todays Mass (AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS) for us. I am blessed, we are blessed.

And although this trip has been action packed, and it seems like it is going by so quickly, I feel like I have been away forever! I miss my husband, I miss my dog and cat, I miss my home. I look forward to being back home with the ones that I love and that love me the most. Soon, this pilgrimage will end here and unfold for me in my real life, revealing the mysteries of Jesus Christ Our Lord in a way I yet cannot imagine. But for today, I know my marriage was blessed, as Christ was looking down on me on my knees, on my anniversary to my beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment