Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

Not My Reality!

Last week, we saw Giu.lia.na and B.ill on Fo.x News. They have had a reality TV show on their struggle with infertility. I knew this show would highlight I.VF but of course, I had to DVR it. Curiosity is going to kill this cat!  But I'm interested to see what they showcase.

On Saturday I noticed there was an episode recorded so I decided to watch it. DH was on the laptop in the same room and so he would periodically watch the show, adding his commentary along the way. We bantered back and forth on some of the common discussions all couples with IF discuss. I'm not promoting this show (although I am watching out of curiosity), but here is the season 3 clip they played at the end. My husband immediately responds with, "In 20 years, these doctors are going to look back and think, what did we do to this woman? They don't even know what is wrong with her."

We know to this day they still have not conceived after two (maybe more) failed I.VF attempts. After watching just one episode, my heart just ached because she, like many, many women, trust their doctors who don't seem to mind putting a woman (and man) through such physical and mental pain. You can hear her reflect the secular world thoughts of "I'll do whatever it takes" to get "what I want." In the show I watched, she was afraid of I.VF and the many dangers linked to it. I think it is instinctual to resist it; how does any of it sound normal? Despite her fears, her husband responded with, "family is the most important thing." Wow, what is she supposed to think when her husband says that to her? Yes, children are important, but at what cost? At what risk? What about her? What about them? My heart was soo saddened for them...

6 comments:

  1. Sigh. You are right, it is so utterly sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we talk to them about NaPro!?? Seriously, I want to smack MDs over the head wrt women's health care. Let's actually help...and try to heal some women. Your post says it well. I don't think IVF is much benefit in terms of the mentality it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clip breaks my heart! I will pray for them! And I agree with Elisabeth about sharing Napro with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw them on the View this past summer and I thought that Napro could totally help them! I knew that conventional doctors weren't going to help me when we went to a fertility clinic and even before one vial of blood was taken from me the doctor said that the only way to conceive was IVF.

    Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn it I wish we could get people educated!!! :( I really think if they just KNEW everything things would be different! So sad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    curtain shop abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete