Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Protect Us From All Anxiety

Deliver us, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory is yours, now and for ever. Amen.

I found myself holding my breath on the way home from the lab after getting my Beta HCG retest. It is in Your hands Lord. There is nothing more that I can do right now, but relax. But my anxiety is getting the best of me. But...finally some relief! Laura from PPVI called with the results: Monday was 780, today 1836! My baby is growing! Alleluia! Maybe this will help me to relax...hopefully.

My first ultrasound is in two weeks from today. I will be 7 weeks exactly, I think. Please pray with me that I can keep my anxiety level as low as possible, focusing on how well the baby is doing now, and not dwell in the "what if" game that I am horrible at playing. I know it might be selfish to ask for more prayers, especially when I should be rejoicing, but I am soo scared. I will offer this up for those still waiting...for I know how hard it is. But if you can, please pray for us. I would really appreciate it!
Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this time of my weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God's love for me unchangeable; and that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace which this world cannot give be always with me. And help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, I so needed to read this today. I am going crazy with anxious thoughts over here too and I don't know how to make them stop. Our Lady of Mental Peace, that is an awesome title. I did go to our weekly Holy Hour last night and finally had a glimpse of some peace. Prayers coming for you my dear friend. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bookmark this! So beautiful! Thank you for posting. Praying that we can all be at peace and trust in God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that prayer. I need it right now...this 2ww is killing me! I will pray for you. Please pray for us to have our miracle too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I continue to pray and please let me know if there is any days when you need extra help.

    I can go personally to the Basilica of Guadalupe and place your intentions there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for the HCG counts. Praying that the risen Lord fills you with his peace. Who better than Mary to pray for peace? The sword which pierced her maternal heart on hearing Simeon's prophesy... She knows too well our anxieties and worries. May she intercede for your mental peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    How did I miss this until now????? I am so the last to know!!!! :) I have been praying for you like crazy and totally lifted you up in a BIG BIG way last night while I clutched onto St Gianna's glove. I offered my rosary on the way home for you.

    YES!!!!!!!! I am SOOO thrilled for you!! Be a peace and praise the LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thinking about you and hoping for an update soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep reading this beautiful pray and I love that picture!! Thank you so much for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Laminated Wood

    ReplyDelete