It's a dark, creepy world out there and the nature of the job is catching up to me. At night, while discussing his very long day, we see a figure in the night walking up to the door. Who is that!?! Or more importantly - Who should answer the door!?! Was I a little spooked? YES! It turns out to be okay, kind of. It's the neighbor kid...in shorts, a zip up hoodie, no shoes...crying. It's 15 degrees outside. The 16 year old got into a family fight and he came to us for help. By 10:30PM we have it all figured out...how much drama can we handle by midnight? I'm going to bed before I can find out. Holy Family, look over our neighbors tonight and every night. Let them find peace in their home, remembering the unconditional love for each other, that love which is examplified by you, and made perfect between God Our Father and Jesus Christ Our Lord. May the teachings of your Son light the way for their family and every family. I ask this through Christ Our Lord, Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment