Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

2AM Lesson

I have a good sleeper. Every three hours, he nurses and goes right back to sleep. We have not had one day of fussiness during the middle of the night. We do not know what it is like to be wide awake at 2am....until last night.

So as I try to figure out what is upsetting my baby, I begin to pace between our bedrooms (which are across the hall from each other). This is what I see out my bedroom window:


and I think, did Mary have these 2am fussy times?

Of course she did. Jesus was, after all, 100% human.

But He was also 100% God, so was He a perfect, non-fussy baby?

Then I walk into from my room to JB's room and see this:


and I am humbled...and no longer frustrated

and a few minutes later, after some gas passing, I have this:


Thank You for my lesson this morning, Mary!


10 comments:

  1. I love this. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to remind myself in the middle of the night, "I am BLESSED to be awake, holding a crying/sick/teething/crabby child." Keeping that perspective sure does make it a lot easier! That's when I always prayed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Good lesson. First of MANY! The fussiness didn't really start with either of my babies until 6 weeks. Praying you receive the grace to endure the road ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that light and i enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your reflection! So glad he's a good sleeper / not too fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to "experience" the fun of 2 am wakeups.

    Seriously, wouldn't you have missed it and sorta too lucky compared to us groaner moms who are always up in the middle of the night and look like frazzled crazies when we meet you?

    I was always happy if my daughter only woke up 2 twice a night. 3 times made me feel beyond horrible.

    So glad you experienced the fun of it all! And, more importantly that you had those beautiful comforts surrounding you.

    Yeah!!!

    Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? blinds abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    carpenter in dubai

    ReplyDelete