Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An Infertile Girl at an Abortion Mill


I have never done this before. Today was my first time ever. The abortion mill near where I live is notorious for its crazy owner and pictures/signs in the window. It is an old school building and it just looks run down and, well, evil. I've been a little nervous just thinking about going to pray, but I felt strongly that this is something I need to do. So I went to Mass, received my ashes, my outward sign for my willingness to convert my inner heart, and more importantly, the Eucharist. Praying for Jesus to give me the strength to make it through one rainy hour outside a building where babies are being torn from the safety of their mothers womb. These poor children, these poor women.

We joined some people and prayed the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet. Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. My eyes get misty. My womb is empty, and now theirs is too. How is this possible? Have mercy on us and on the whole world. At some point during out prayer a gray SUV stops and a woman yells out the window, "I'm picking up my friend, she changed her mind." Thanks be to God!!! A miracle on my first day...as if I needed reassurance that prayer works.

I listen to the stories about the owner and his girlfriend. How she is known to use a bullhorn to yell, "Today is a good day for an abortion," and how he comes out with his dogs and tries to intimidate the people on the sidewalk. The people praying, the people like me. All they are doing is praying. No crazy chanting. No crazy signs. No hostility. Just prayer. The devil knows the power of prayer, and there is no doubt that the devil was there, in that building, destroying souls.

As we begin to leave, we stop to talk to one more person. It was at that point that the owner came out of the building, walked right past us and got into his car. All I could do was look at him and pray for him. Pray for his conversion. O my God, I believe in Thee, I adore Thee, I hope in Thee and a I love Thee. And I beg pardon for all of those that do not believe in Thee, do not adore Thee, do not hope in Thee, and do not love Thee. Especially him, the owner of this awful place. I wish I didn't have to come back here ever again, but I look forward to it. Just thinking of the girl that couldn't go through with "it" and called her friend to pick her up - that is worth a cold, rainy hour on the first day of Lent.
That is me in the middle picture, brown coat.
Lord, hear our prayer!
Evil. It exits here.
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matthew 10:28

18 comments:

  1. I want to go with you sometime if I can be out and about for 40 Days for Life- please let me know when you are going to go- I can only do weekends! Some friends of mine went last Saturday and I wa sad I couldn't join them. The more prayers the better especially at this abortion mill. No doubt all your prayers today moved that woman's heart! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine - I will be going on Wednesdays and Fridays (that is when they are doing abortions). I may go on a Saturday here or there, too. Let me know if there is a time you can go and we can just meet up. My schedule is pretty flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You faced evil head on today. How sad not only that abortions are being performed there...but that the women who go to this kind of place, I mean...it looks so disgusting in every way. They must feel like they are totally unworthy.

    This is sad beyond belief.

    What a horror show. So glad you are THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so courageous! God bless you!

    I can't get over those signs. And the one about a child being a parasite is unreal! These are very sad people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Leila - those signs are haunting. I will pray for the owner and all involved tonight. You are beautiful and such an amazing woman. I wish we lived closer and I could attend with you and Sunshine. We have some 40 days for life events around here, so I will check them out. We can be united in friendship and prayer through the Eucharist! (Oh, and I owe you an e-mail about a potential get together...soon). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I can't believe the signs, but I think that it's wonderful that you're there praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you are doing is amazing! Really is and I am sure you will see the fruits but also there will be many that you will not see but will be there.

    I cannot get over the signs. they are in dire need of prayer. How sick can you be to call a baby a parasite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Those signs are absolutely shocking to me... My husband and I are both stunned that someone would write them and display them in the window. That is awesome that you had the courage to pray there. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a witness to our faith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless you! I've prayed at an abortion mill before, but it wasn't anything like this one. I don't know if I'm brave enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for praying for the unborn in this way! Shamefully, I've never had the courage to go. For some reason after reading your post I feel moved to go now. Maybe I can tag along with you one day? Maybe on a Friday because my husband can be home with Dominic. You are so brave! I can't wait to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be hard for me not to go here without guns blazing! My abortion mill is not this in your face so to say!

    Is it a private abortion mill?

    This is an even greater reason we must stand!

    I remember when I went when I was barren I used to BEG God please spare one of your souls for me. I will take all your babies that are about to be aborted...Give them to me!

    I actually and think I shouldn't say it but I love standing for 40 days! I feel as if I am apart of the bigger battle....

    So happy you are going!!! It's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate those places...you can just feel the evil inside. BUT it takes people like us with the help of the Holy Spirit, to FIGHT this! We are so much stronger than the evil and will win in the end. Someday, even if it's not til judgement day, that owner will see the Truth and realize what he has done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so brave! I've never been to pray at an abortion mill before. Those signs are definitely creepy/tragic :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe I can meet up with you guys too...btw..I saw your dh on the news last week and I loved what he had to say about Early childhood and how getting the little ones in school prevents future crimes! Amen. I could hug him. So many schools are dropping preschool now where we live. Ugh.

    I think you are brave for going to that mill. I think..I work close to it...never been there...but I know it's around. I should go. I know I could be useful with prayer. Wow...a woman turned around...that is one that you heard of...how many did it without you finding out????

    I bet that owner of that mill doesn't like prayer warriors for he knows it works! God works miracles and softens hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. I've seen my share of abortion mills and have never seen anything like those heinous signs.

    God bless you for going out there. I know how hard it is - TRUST ME! You'll be blessed all the more for going while it's so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    area rugs abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete