Our spiritual journey through five years of infertility, one miscarriage and an answer to our prayers...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

If You Have Ever Prayed For Me

Today, JB and I went to our first library storybook fun gathering. We were invited by three friends that have been incredibly supportive to me and DH during our time with the cross of infertility. Supportive with prayer after prayer, petitioning God on our behalf. They are beautiful women. Not because they prayed for us, but simply because they are. JB and I got there just in time and we sat down to sing the "Welcome Everyone" song. By the SECOND WORD in the song, I am a tearful mess (as you can imagine). But not only that, my tears have a snowball effect on my friends. I know they are good friends when they won't let me cry alone in a circle of infants, toddlers, big kids and mommies!

Ever since we left the library, I have not stopped thinking about how wonderful that moment was. God was there. Overwhelmed by the fact that I am now a part of a parent/child circle, overwhelmed by the fact that I feel a little out of place - like I don't really fit in yet, overwhelmed by the little blessing that danced his first Hokey Pokey, overwhelmed just by sitting amongst these women that I know have prayed and prayed for me and we now look at the fruits of these prayers sleeping in my arms. How is it that this has happened to me? It was just a year ago that I had only hope and a prayer...

And I realize that it was not just me that had hope and a prayer. It was a lot of people, people I know and some I don't know and never will. It was faithful people, and one day, when the veil is lifted and we can see and know everything, it will be known to us everyone that ever prayed on our behalf - and what a glorious day that will be. But until then, let me formally thank you. Let me formally thank everyone and anyone that ever prayed for me/us to have our little JB. He is the BEST and I could never, NEVER, express my gratitude enough for this incredible gift. We didn't deserve this little boy. We didn't do anything to earn his coming into our family. It was by God's great love for us that he entrusted this little soul into our world. By God's mercy, and your fervent prayers we have been blessed. Thank You seems too simple and easy...but it is coming from my heart and the depth of my soul. This is what love is...

11 comments:

  1. Hey...wondering if you would be willing to write a witness blog about NaPro or Fertility Care for my blog hop?
    http://blessed-and-broken.blogspot.com/2012/02/fertilitycare-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You are so right, we are lucky to have so wonderful a thing as prayer. And, I extend that same thanks back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what hebrews said!

    Also, I "friended" you on facebook a while back and thought maybe you hadn't accepted bc you don't know who I am :) If you don't want to be "friends" on there that's okay too but I thought I'd check! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary! I don't remember getting a request on FB from you??? Re-send it...and when Lent is over, I'll accept it :)

      Delete
  4. it wont let me bc ut says "already sent" ;( find me when you're back on and see if you can send one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info cotton curtains in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    arabic majlis Dubai

    ReplyDelete