He said, "You haven't blogged in a while. How come?"
I responded, "I don't have anything to say."
I lied.
It is not that I don't have anything to say, it is more like I am afraid to say it. I am afraid to think it, I am afraid to type it, I am afraid to express it.
I took Fe.rtl.eCM this past month, and although it did its job (slightly), it upset my stomach a lot. I decided it was not worth it and I will not be taking it again. If anyone would like what I have left over, let me know. You can have it! I stopped taking it the day I peaked (at least I think I peaked). Ever since then, I'm over-analyzing every little twitch, ache, jab and pain. I am keeping mental track of how sensitive certain body parts are, and trying to compare this sensitivity (or lack there of) from the day before. I contemplate POAS in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. I haven't done it, but I think about it. I haven't done it because when it comes back "negative" I will be crushed. I am not prepared to be crushed yet. I should still have 9 more days to prepare for that. And that is causing me a lot of anxiety.
I've read about how upset people get when AF comes to town. I never really felt a huge level of disappointment in the past. I know that is because I never really thought I would actually get pg. But now that I have been pregnant, I am getting mad at the thought that AF could/will most likely come. I should be relaxing. I should be calm. I should do what I say I do and really trust in God...but instead I'm getting angry. Angry because I don't want to be disappointed. I don't want to sad. I want to be pregnant. And of course all this emotion comes with my personal favorite behavior: Avoidance. Avoiding being open in conversation with my husband. Avoiding blogging. Avoiding feeling. I am allowing my anxiety of CD1, translation: fear of not being pregnant, translation: fear that I probably will never get pregnant again, take over. How do you stop that from happening? The only solution I know of is to be pregnant! How long is this going to last? If only I could give up being barren for Lent.
So there it is...I thought things were better, emotionally speaking, and then I peaked. And now I am obsessing over every bodily function. But quite honestly, the physical aching in my left ovary (?) is causing me some concern. I had endo pretty bad and never felt any pain. I have a pretty good/high pain tolerance. But now I am feeling pain and what I call a "stretching" feeling . Could this be endo again? Can I add this to my list of what I would like to give up for Lent too?
Speaking of Lent, I decided what I am going to do. After reading "Unpla.nned" by A.bby Joh.nson last weekend, I decided that I will go pray at the abortion mill for 40 D.ays for Lif.e. I have never done this before and thought that it is about time that I do. If you haven't read this book yet, please do! It was a quick read and really helped me to realize that I need to do more than what I am doing now. I don't know what to expect, but I am looking forward to being a part of it! Unfortunately.


Praying AF stays away - for 9 months!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're going to participate in 40 Days! We're gearing up for ours out here. It's really exciting. Please let us know how you like it!
How to stop the fear? I don't know. It comes in waves for me. Anxiety is an aweful slave master, you know? Sorry, I don't have any great answers, but know that you are held close in prayer. May you be surrounded with peace and a deep abiding sense of being surrounded by love and held up by our Lord. (Hugs)
ReplyDeleteYou try to overcome the fear with hope, but then you fear for being too hopeful and getting your hopes crushed yet again. Such an endless cycle. Praying that AF doesn't come this round!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Katie! That's exactly it - staying hopeful without being too hopeful...seems impossible!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling much better soon. Sending hugs!!!
Oh gosh, I'm hopeful for you and I also know that God will carry you through these anxious days ahead.
ReplyDeleteAs for the pain, are you on clomid? Just wondering cuz that did a number on me. Lots of pain. Although it did its job so I can't bash it now. Anyway, just wondering.
Aww...Thanks girls. Your words mean a lot!
ReplyDeleteSC-I am not on clomid. I am not taking anything. Nada, zip, zilch. I almost wish I was!
I wish I had helpful words...but, my these days my life feels taken over by fear, anxiety, and anger. (for different reasons, of course...)
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better very soon! (Hug)
I pray for you every night! I hope that the fear and anxiety go away soon!
ReplyDeleteI know I can never understand what you are going through. I pray for you nevertheless and will continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you like crazy and please know that means I am praying for you like crazy. I am so glad you blogged. KEEP BLOGGING! Your silence worries me. "If only I could give up being barren for Lent." I will hope for you!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I don't have any answers for you. I guess you just have to keep trusting and hoping. You never know what will happen.
ReplyDeleteI don't like meds that upset my stomach either. Ugh! That was a huge struggle for me when I took fertility meds.
Been thinking about you and praying for you!
Praying for you--I'll pray for peace in your heart. And a baby in your uterus!! :) You will be on my mind as I offer up my upcoming surgery.
ReplyDeleteHello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Carpet Fixing in
ReplyDeleteStunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome.abu dhabi carpet market
ReplyDelete