Oh yeah, it was this bad! Worse!
And as she [Hannah] worshiped the Lord, she said "My heart exults in the Lord, my horn is exalted in my God. I have swallowed up my enemies; I rejoice in my victory. There is no Holy One like the Lord; there is no Rock like our God." 1 Samuel 2:1-2
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Martha Stewart I Am Not...
A few weeks ago I found a million recipes on how to make a steak using a cast iron skillet, finishing it in the oven. Today, as I plan to make steaks for dinner, my first time ever, I can't find a single recipe! All gone. Just like that. And yes, I need a recipe. The one recipe I did find mentioned getting the skillet "smokin' hot", but when I did that.....well...you can imagine the chaos. My husband sitting amongst a cloud of smoke, the cat crawling on her belly towards the open door, the dog barking after licking the splattered oil now on the floor. The constant commentary from my beloved regarding the future pizza we will order, constant outside of the long version of his incredible ridiculous day. Amazingly the smoke alarm didn't go off - probably broken or the battery is not in it! After putting the smoking skillet outside, I decided to put it in the oven. And after all this, 20 minutes later - decent New York Strips! Totally by accident, ha! Will I do this again? Uhhh.....NO! Next time, let's go to Johnnies for steaks. I am just not good at everything - ha!
Oh yeah, it was this bad! Worse!
Oh yeah, it was this bad! Worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment